Linda Pope is a motivational speaker with a passion for helping people transform their lives. Linda was the 2012 winner of the District 16 Humorous Speech contest and loves to make people laugh. She is the fifteenth woman to be ordained in the United Methodist Church in Oklahoma and is currently serving two churches near Enid. Before becoming a pastor, Linda had her own business, Docutech, from which she wrote computer manuals for many Tulsa businesses. She is a member of Leadership Oklahoma, a graduate of Oklahoma State University (Family Relations and Child Development), and graduated magna cum laude from Phillips Theological Seminary where she completed an Masters of Divinity. Linda grew up in Stonewall, Oklahoma, and graduated from the same high school as her mother and grandmother. She is a life-long learner willing to share wisdom from the journey. She is currently working on a degree in web design and produces power point presentations for clients around the world. Linda is willing to travel within a 75 mile radius of Enid., OK.
- Traveling for Entertainment A humorous speech that celebrates the folk humor of Oklahoma found in our road signs. (7 minutes)
- Take the Boredom out of Power-Point — Move beyond bullet points to leave your audience with a memorable impression. (tailored to fit your time frame)
- Digging up Roots Linda tells the story of getting involved in genealogy after the death of her parents and most of her family, only to discover a whole new family. Hear how she turned tragedy and loss into a great adventure. (20 minutes or shorter)
- When Life Gives you Lemons, Make Pie — We can look at disappointments in our lives as failures or as ingredients for something wonderful. (15 minutes)
- Internet Dating – The ups and downs of meeting hopefuls on the internet from dipping snuff to drinking lunch……and dinner.